Postdoc or researcher position available in dynamic legged robots and locomotion biomechanics, fully funded Dynamic Locomotion Group, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (Stuttgart).
We are looking for a researcher or postdoctoral researcher to join our team. This is a call for a fully funded position, up to 24 months.
You must be interested in legged locomotion. Specifically in designing, applying, characterizing or modeling novel legged robots or related research in locomotion biomechanics.
Please see our webpage for examples: https://dlg.is.mpg.de/research or
Our research: We investigate principles of biomechanics and control of dynamic legged locomotion, in legged animals and robots. We use robots and robotic models to test and characterize
our research. This leads to novel legged-, sensor- and control-mechanisms and models which improve our understanding of legged locomoting.
Job description: We have several active projects. Applicants should have a background related to:
- Development of novel mechatronic or mechanical designs
- Control of locomotion
- Control or simulation of complex multibody / dynamic systems
- Applied animal biomechanics
- Exoskeleton, prosthesis, rehabilitation research.
Outstanding candidates with related backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Important: This is not a call for a PhD researcher position.
- Researcher: BSc or MSc in a related field, from a recognized university
- Postdoctoral researcher: a PhD from a recognized university
- Excellent grades and analytical skills
- Proficient oral and written English
- Team work friendly
- Good practical skills
- Great publication record
How to apply: Write me an email. Please keep the email size small, under 5MB. Please include:
- 'dlg-position-2019-autumn' into the email subject.
- Your CV, and contact details.
- Contact information (email, address, position, your relation to) of two or three (for postdocs) references.
- A copy of your most recent educational / academic degree/s.
- Links or access to your important publications
- A cover letter where you explain your motivation, and the contribution you would like to make with your research. One page maximum.
Salaries will be based on previous experience according to TVöD guidelines. An initial contract will be normally offered for 1 year. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing
more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.