The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems is a leading center for research in computer vision, robotics, and machine learning. Our research seeks to understand mathematical principles of intelligent systems. This involves not only analyzing and modeling, but also building such systems. From our software infrastructure to our robots, scanners, camera systems, and laboratories, you will be working with the best resources available worldwide.
The Mechatronics Workshop is located in our new institute building and it serves to support our scientists at the Institute for Intelligent Systems in their research using complex experimental facilities. In addition to maintenance, repair and further development of various test equipment, this position also covers the production of mechanical components for robots, peripherals for scanners, multicopters, robotic blimps/airships and optomechanical components with modern machine tools.
In this interesting and varied position, you are in charge of managing and scheduling the workshop team with the goal of providing our scientific staff with the best possible support. You plan and coordinate technical workshop processes and are in charge of planning and procurement of orders. You are the contact person for our scientists and workshop staff. In addition, you are also in charge of ensuring compliance with the safety instructions.
• Engineering degree (University of Applied Sciences/University) with a focus on machine technology, mechatronics, or electrical engineering or vocational training to the level of master craftsman or technician with a specialization in mechanical engineering, machine technology, metal construction, mechatronics, or a comparable qualification
• Professional management experience
• Solid knowledge of electronics and mechanics
• Experience producing components on modern machine tools
• Good comprehension of technical drawings and electrical circuit diagrams
• Knowledge of electric drives, hydraulics, and pneumatics
• Methodical and independent, with good manual skills
• Very good English, German and PC skills
• Experience with CAD systems, 3-D printing, and robot controls are an advantage
• Excellent skills in working in a team, good communication skills and assertiveness
We offer an interesting and varied position with the possibility of professional development located at our institute in Tübingen. Salaries will be based on experience according to TVöD guidelines. An initial contract will be offered for two years, and conversion to a permanent position is possible. This is a full-time position.
In the case of technical questions, please contact Felix Grimminger at email@example.com. For all other questions, please contact Mara Cascianelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems can be found at http://www.is.mpg.de.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. We are committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourage them to apply.
The position is available at the earliest convenience and will be open until December 15, 2019. Interested applicants should submit an English cover letter and CV, academic transcripts and degrees and reference letters in one PDF file.
To apply please follow this link:
or send a hardcopy application to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems